1. Shield as well as Weatherproof! One of the most efficient A/C system worldwide can not make up for an improperly shielded home. Drafty door and window seals as well as under-insulated attic rooms and also outside wall surfaces could cause your HEATING AND COOLING to work double-time attempting to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your house's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a huge effect on your utility bills-- and your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices make up virtually half the house's overall energy bill. If your central air conditioning unit is greater than One Decade old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model could reduce your air conditioning costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a greater seasonal power effectiveness ratio (SEER) compared to typical designs, that makes them about 14% extra reliable compared to basic models. The greater the SEER, the greater the performance. Considering that sizing as well as correct setup of a central air system are crucial to energy efficiency and also house convenience, it is necessary to employ a certified specialist.
5. Heatpump that get approved for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a greater seasonal energy performance ratio (SEER) and also heating seasonal performance variable (HSPF) than typical designs, makings them about 8% percent a lot more reliable than common new designs and also 20% more effective compared to just what you may already have in your residence.
6. Gas furnaces receiving discounts have annual fuel use performance (AFUE) ratings of 92%, or higher, making them as much as 15% a lot more reliable compared to basic designs. One in four heating systems in UNITED STATE residences today is greater than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas heating systems utilize sophisticated innovation to supply greater performance compared to typical brand-new heaters readily available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment qualified for the BGE rebate meet or exceed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® needs for item performance.
8. When is it time to change your central cooling and heating system?
When your equipment requires regular repair services and your power costs are boosting.
When your heat pump or a/c is more than 10 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a newer, extra energy efficient tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness levels
When your heater is more than 15 years of ages. Think about changing it with a more recent, more energy-efficient heater that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program discount efficiency degrees.
9. Although these products can be a lot more expensive to acquire up front, the expense difference will be repaid in time via lower power costs. Make sure to ask your service provider regarding Smart Energy Savers Program Home Heating & Cooling Refunds which could considerably help in reducing the distinction in price in between standard as well as high-efficiency items.
10. Correct maintenance can go a long way in protecting against future read more heating and cooling system issues. Ask your service provider about annual pre-season examinations. Service providers often get extremely active throughout summer and winter season, so it's a smart idea to examine the air conditioning system in the springtime and the heating system in the autumn.